Friday, June 01, 2007

Week One

It’s hard to believe, but I’ve been in the Cream City for one week. The weather has been wonderful, hovering around the mid-70’s and I’m practically settled into my new place, although I do have several boxes that need to be put into storage. Although I lived in outskirts of Atlanta while at Emory, this is my first time actually living in the downtown of a major city, so I’m in the process of adjusting to the different sights and sounds of urban life.

Additionally, I’ve started preparing for the Wisconsin bar. One of the many tricks I’ll have to master this time around will be trying not to confuse Georgia law with Wisconsin law. For example, Georgia doesn’t have a provision allowing grandparent visitation without parental consent, while Wisconsin does allow courts latitude in granting grandparent visitation rights without parental consent.

No comments: