Sunday, December 31, 2006

Falling Down

“What do we do when we fall down – we get back up.” I guess you could say the Atlanta Falcons fell down this season after losing two must win games against Carolina and Philadelphia. I’m a big Falcons fan, but they didn’t deserve to make the playoffs because this team has shown no heart. This off season the Falcons will attempt to get back up. Arthur Blank, team owner has already said that a losing record and not making the playoffs will guarantee changes. The big question is what changes. Some say Coach Jim Mora and his staff will be gone; some say quarterback Michael Vick may be gone and some say there will be a complete defensive overhaul. I don’t know what’s going to happen. All I know is something has to change. This season was a letdown.

I didn’t watch today’s game because Swamps birthday is today. Since the Birds lost 24 – 17, I apparently didn’t miss much. Vick finished 8 of 14 for 81 yards, 1 touchdown, and 17 rushing. Unfortunately, Vick suffered a high ankle strain at the beginning of the third quarter. Backup Matt Schaub came in and finished 15 of 21 for 175 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception.

No comments: