Maybe you noticed, maybe you didn't, but either way I took an unannounced Christmas vacation. I had every intention of posting about my planned vacation, but time got away from me and next thing you know I was on a plane to the Long Star State, and then on a cruise ship to Mexico with my family. I promise it really happened that fast.
Anyway, my family decided to take a pre-Christmas cruise. This was my first cruise and I now see why everyone I've talked too loved them. It's the perfect vacation because it can be as busy or as relaxing as you want it to be. The boat has something for everyone - swimming, basketball, mini golf, weight lifting, spa, gambling, dancing, games, musical shows, books, and more food that ou ever could eat. When I say food, I'm not just talking about hamburgers and pizza, although there's plenty of that; I'm talking all you can eat filet mignon, lobster, duck, and other fancy expensive entries served a the upscale restaurants. All this is included in your voyage, so passagers are really living the high life.
And if that's not enough, you get to go to another part of the world and create your own adventure. Unfortunately, the side adventures are extra, but it's worth it. We went rock climbing, completed a high ropes course, zipped lined, and snorkeled while we were in Mexico. The ocean was crystal blue and the salt water fish were amazing. I'm not much of a water person, but I seriously enjoyed the snorkeling.
In addition to all the physical activity, we saw unbelievable Mayan ruins. It amazes me how they buld these great pyramids without modern technology. Our guide told us they relied on the sun, moon, and stars. If that wasn't enough, we saw real life Mexican cowboys. Picture an adult male standing on an adult horse. The cowboy has a lasso in his right hand; he's twirling and looping it around. As he's doing this, another horse runs toward him. As the second horse approahces, he lassos the horse's front legs, causing it to stop running. It was breathtaking.
This was definitely my favorite Christmas because of all of this and because I also got to spend time with Swamps. We normally don't get to see each other on Christmas, so it was good to see her and her family.
No comments:
Post a Comment