It’s hard to believe, but I’ve officially relocated to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, affectionately known as the Cream City, for the abundance of uniquely cream colored buildings, or more commercially known as Brew City, because it’s the headquarters of several beer manufactures, most notable, Miller Brewing Company. Whatever you chose to call it, it’s the new base of operations for your favorite blogger.
I arrived in my new city last Thursday after 14 hours and 856 miles of driving. I traveled through Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and finally Wisconsin. My trip was thankfully uneventful, except for seeing a flaming power truck in the middle of field in Kentucky, passing a nuclear power plant on the Ohio River, seeing numerous stone Santa Claus statutes and passing a rather cool looking amusement park named Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana.
As a Georgia man through and through, it feels kind of weird relocating to a different place. Things are similar, but strangely different. For instance, things are similar because the same types of cars are on the road, the same songs play on the radio, and since I’m near a college campus, the students are students. However, some things are different, like the interstates, 94, 43, and 694. Where’s 20, 85, and 75? Some fast food chains are different – Culver’s and Leon’s, and Midwesterners aren’t initially as nice as my fellow Southerners.
Lastly, it’s a strange sensation turning on the news and seeing stories about Green Bay Packers and Wisconsin Badgers football as opposed to Atlanta Falcons and Georgia Bulldogs football. It’s just plan bizarre and I’m not sure how this will affect my fall, especially watching and blogging about my favorite teams. Hopefully, I’ll get to catch my teams on ESPN and/or the internet and still get to blog about them. If not, I guess I’ll be blogging about the Packers, and that just seems cheesy.
All in all, the relocation is going well, and I’m definitely enjoying being closer to Swamps and I know once I learn my way around and get started working, I’ll feel more in turn with the Cream City.
No comments:
Post a Comment