Saturday, December 01, 2012

Saxby Stands His Ground

I have not always agreed with U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Georgia), but I agree with his recent position on the need for a balance approach to resolving the national debt, which should include increased revenue and spending cuts.  Additionally, it is good to see Chambliss stand up to Grover Norquist and his ridiculous "No Tax Ever Pledge" that is currently holding the Republicans hostage.  This morning, Chambliss stated:
 
“I think that you sent me to Washington to think for myself. And I want to vote the way you want me to vote...[and I] don’t want to be dictated to by anybody in Washington, as to how I’m going to vote on anything.”
 
We need leaders to be courageous and willing to make difficult decisions.  We have a debt problem and spending cuts alone will not solve the problem.  It is unpopular to raise taxes, but if we are to move pass this we need all reasonable options on the table.

No comments: